Ideal for initiation, this via ferrata for beginners climbs to the top of the Rubli by a not very difficult path, with some climbing passages.
Via ferrata have become popular in recent years, combining climbing and mountain hiking. The Videmanette area in Rougemont is well known to climbers and skiers!
Rather easy, the first route is ideal for beginners as well as families. This one has more hiking passages than climbing. The start is located 5 minutes from the arrival station of the Videmanette gondola lift.
It starts with an easy part of steep climbing, including a passage through a chimney. The last section up to the summit of the Rubli mountain (2285 m) is done on foot. At the end of the climb, there is a splendid view of the Alps and the Pays-d'Enhaut.
The outward and return journeys follow the same route.
- accessible for beginners and families (children from 10 years old)
- Via Ferrata closed during the winter season.
- Gondola lift closed during the off-season.
Parking and access:
- large free car park available at the departure of the cable car.
- possibility to go up halfway by car when the cable car is closed (see map under the document section).
- access to the departure point via the Videmanette cable car.
- access by train with the MOB line (stop "Gare de Rougemont"), add 5 minutes walk to get to the cable car departure.
- large restaurant with a terrace at the start of the routes.
Equipment hire :
- Videmanette cable car (due to sanitary measures, rental is no longer possible).
- Edelweiss Sport in Gstaad.