A popular mountain sport, via ferrata is a combination of climbing and hiking. Frequented by via ferrata enthusiasts, Videmanette gondola station is the starting point for three different routes. This second route is suitable for good climbers, ending with spectacular views at the top of the Rubli at 2,258 m. (closed)
The starting point of the via ferratas is only a 5 minute walk from Videmanette. This second route is actually an alternative to route 1, designed for slightly more seasoned climbers.
The first section is the same for routes 1 and 2: the easy vertical climb, with a chimney and an small easy ledge. Then route 2 separates from route 1 offering good climbers a 75° wall and a more overhead section.
The last section is once again shared with the first route, with a hike to the summit of the Rubli (2,258 m), where fantastic views of the Vaudois Alps await.
The return route is via route 1.
- accessible for beginners and families (children from 10 years old)
- Via Ferrata closed during the winter season.
- Gondola lift closed during the off-season.
Parking and access:
- large free car park available at the departure of the cable car.
- possibility to go up halfway by car when the cable car is closed (see map under the document section).
- access to the departure point via the Videmanette cable car.
- access by train with the MOB line (stop "Gare de Rougemont"), add 5 minutes walk to get to the cable car departure.
- large restaurant with a terrace at the start of the routes.
Equipment hire :
- Videmanette cable car (due to sanitary measures, rental is no longer possible).
- Edelweiss Sport in Gstaad.