For seasoned climbers only, this via ferrata delights adventurers looking for thrills! The Videmanette gondola provides easy access. Then, you’re off for just over an hour of climbing on this technical aerial route.
A popular mountain sport, via ferrata is a key attraction for climbing and hiking enthusiasts. However, some routes are for experienced climbers only and the Videmanette’s third via ferrata is one of them!
The route has a challenging start with a great chimney requiring technical skills and a cool head to overcome the sensation of being in a void. After the surprising exit from the chimney, climbers can enjoy a little respite with an easier grassy ledge. But after that, it all gets very complicated with a long vertical section and a difficult ladder due to the space between the rungs.
A real challenge for good climbers who will get a real buzz out of finishing this via! Those who want more can take their mountain bike with them for the ride down to Rougemont through the stunning scenery of the Vaudois Alps.
The return trip is via route 1.
- accessible for beginners and families (children from 10 years old)
- Via Ferrata closed during the winter season.
- Gondola lift closed during the off-season.
Parking and access:
- large free car park available at the departure of the cable car.
- possibility to go up halfway by car when the cable car is closed (see map under the document section).
- access to the departure point via the Videmanette cable car.
- access by train with the MOB line (stop "Gare de Rougemont"), add 5 minutes walk to get to the cable car departure.
- large restaurant with a terrace at the start of the routes.
Equipment hire :
- Videmanette cable car
- Edelweiss Sport in Gstaad.