Château-d'Oex - Nature
Living with wildlife in winter
Michel Perreten, mountain leader and auxiliary wildlife monitor, proposes an excursion to better understand the life of wildlife in winter. During this hike, the tracks left by the animals will be observed. Indeed, in winter, a too close presence can cause them to flee, forcing them to abandon their brood, expose themselves to predators while losing precious energy. Various activities to better understand the stakes of cohabitation between wildlife and leisure activities in the mountains.
*products with the Park label
**products with the Park label or a regional brand of the Park
From 12 years old
A picnic, made up of products with the Park label, can be ordered in the flavours of the region.
- Meeting at the Château-d'Oex train station at 8 am.
- Theoretical explanations and then carpooling to the starting point of the hike
- Hiking with animal track observations and activities
- Return to the starting point around noon.
Material to take with you:
- Hiking equipment adapted to winter conditions
- Snowshoes and sticks in case of snow (possibility of renting at 10.-, to be specified at the time of registration)
- A personal drink
- Possibly a pair of binoculars