This hut is located on the heights of the village. It will guarantee you an extraordinary view of the region and will offer you peace and serenity!
Situated at 1'540m in the middle of nature, the hut is open during the summer season to sleep in or simply to make a stopover during your hike. It is accessible from the village of Château-d'Œx thanks to a 1 to 2 hour hike (schedule depending on your starting point).
As soon as you arrive at the hut, it is impossible to miss the panoramic view that awaits you from the terrace ... It is undoubtedly the most beautiful terrace in the Pays-d'Enhaut! Built on the edge of a cliff, it is as if suspended in the void. From this point, admire the mountain range that rises up in front of you. Starting with the imposing Rocher du Midi, you will be able to see the mountains as far as the Rubli, the emblematic summit of the village of Rougemont.
This small hut offers you everything you need to stay there. Upstairs, a 12-bed dormitory awaits hikers looking for a good pillow to spend the night. Imagine the following scene: a good coffee in your hands, the peace and quiet around you and the sun rising gently behind our mountains...
- open from June to October
- only on reservation.
- accessible only in summer
- 12 beds available
Parking & transport:
- parking in the center of the village, 1h50 walk to the hut.
- parking available at the start of the footpath (location: La Dent), 1 hour walk to the hut.
- accessible by train with the MOB line (stop "Gare de Château-d'Œx), 1h50 walk to the hut.
- possible for the guests of the hut