Let yourself be inspired....
Welcome in Pays-d'Enhaut !Welcome to the Pays-d’Enhaut! Nestled high above Lake Geneva in the heart of the Vaud Alps, this little paradise is full of surprises. Far from the stress of city life our regional mountains are uplifting, pure and limitless andoffer so many benefits and opportunities. Whether you’re visiting in summer or winter, the towns of Château-d’Oex, Rougemont and Rossinière are ideal places for a change of scene. With many recreational, cultural and sporting
activities on offer, the leisure and entertainment calendar also features original and festive events.
This Winter, tie up your boot laces and don your skis or snow shoes any time of year, then roam the peaks of our beautiful region. Take time out in one of the many alpine chalets and soak in the warm, authentic hospitality. Another world beckons where time stands still. Then, indulge your curiosity on a trip to the cheese cellars at L’Etivaz. This local speciality cheese finds its way onto every discerning gourmet’s table.
Come for a day, a weekend, or maybe longer. Recharge your batteries as a family, a couple or solo traveller and enjoy the best that life has to offer.
Reach to the skies as you take off in a hot air balloon from Château-d’Oex, the world’s ballooning capital. Visit our villages and marvel at the rich architectural heritage. Then, explore our museums, churches or chapels and uncover the riches of local history and customs.
With our mountains as a backdrop, you’re free to create your own magical experiences!
Pays-d'Enhaut Région gives you a little help by offering you the brochure "7 jours au Pays-d'Enhaut" and a day-by-day program to make you want to be inspired.
So "let yourself be inspired"...
The brochure "7 days in the Pays-d'Enhaut" offers you thematic days:
- Aerostatic, Château-d'Oex is the capital of hot air balloon
- Family, the Pays-d'Enhaut is a destination rich in activities for families with children of all ages
- Terroir, the region is rich in delicious products including L'Etivaz cheese
- Culture, discovering cutting, the ancestral art of the Pays-d'Enhaut
The brochure "7 days in the Pays-d'Enhaut" also offers you activities, day by day, over a week of stay. Everyone is free to combine all these activities according to their wishes.
Some activities are on reservation and marked with a * on the brochure:
- Balloon flights: Sky Event: 026 924 20 20 20
- Snowshoe rental:
- Planète Sports: 026 924 00 21
- High Pressure Sport: 026 924 56 53
- TB Sports: 026 924 63 64
- Les Caves de L'Etivaz: 026 924 62 81
- Fondue cart rides: in Pays-d'Enhaut Region on 026 924 25 25 or on our online shop
- Visits to the farm in Rougemont: in Pays-d'Enhaut Region on 026 924 25 25 or on our online shop
- Visits and snacks at the farm in Château-d'Oex: in Pays-d'Enhaut Région on 026 924 25 25 25 or on our online shop
- Le Spa de l'Hôtel de Rougemont : 026 921 01 01 01
- Ski schools:
- Swiss Ski School of Château-d'Oex: 026 924 68 48
- Swiss Ski School of Rougemont: 079 737 58 68
- Restaurants in the region
It is possible to make all journeys by public transport:
- by train between Rossinière - Château-d'Oex - Rougemont
- by bus between Château-d'Oex and L'Etivaz
CONTESTTO BE WON: A NIGHT IN THE PAYS-D'ENHAUT
It's simple! Just share your ideal day in the Pays-d'Enhaut in Instagram story and mention our account @pays d'enhaut with the #perfectday!
You may be drawn by lot and you can enjoy a night at a local establishment with breakfast included.