An unusual night in perfect autonomy!
Are you looking for an unusual night in perfect autonomy at an altitude of over 2,000 metres? Look no further! The Videmanette hut is the ideal place to come and recharge your batteries, as a couple, with family or friends. It offers all the amenities you need to have a great time. From the balcony you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the Gummfluh mountain range, the Videman headland and, in the distance, the Eiger and the Jungfrau.
A bit of history...
The Videmanette alpine hut was built in 1930 by the members of the Club Vanil (founded in 1913). Most of the materials were transported on men's backs. The Club wanted to offer a hut to climbers and hikers passing through the area, as at the time there was no gondola.
- Without service and supplies
- Water at the outdoor fountain
- Possibility to cook (fondue pots, pans, pots and dishes at your disposal)
- 18 beds with military cushions and blankets
- Possibility to heat with wood
- Dry toilets
- Electricity (take coins of CHF 1.-)
To get there :
- Itinerary from Rougemont to the Videmanette via Rubloz (Download PDF file)
- Itinerary from Rougemont to La Videmanette via Martigny (Download PDF file)
- Videmanette gondola (Information)
- The cabin is unguarded
- The hut is closed from Christmas to Easter (Accessible by reservation from 10 people)
- / Pers.
- CHF 15.-